Why Choose Us?
At TEG International College, we believe in providing academic programmes of the highest quality and standard to help fulfil the individuals’ dreams and ambitions.
Our Dedicated Commitment to You
With two decades of dedication in providing quality education, whether you are studying full-time or part-time with TEG International College, you can be assured of our commitment towards delivering a learning experience of the highest quality and standard to you.
All applications for admission should be submitted at least four weeks before the commencement date. A course application processing fee of $107 (local student) is payable for each application form that is submitted. This fee is non-refundable.
Step 1: Applicant is to submit the following documents and the Application Processing Fee (S$107) to the Sales Department:
- A duly signed Advisory Note (Form 12). Download
- Pre-Course Orientation form and a duly completed registration form. Download
- Certified true copies of all academic qualifications and relevant transcripts.
- Photocopy of NRIC/Passport.
- 1 recent passport-size photograph (or softcopy in JPEG format).
- Certified true copies of IELTS/TOEFL scores (if necessary).
- Resume and Letter of Employment in necessary.
Step 2: The Sales Department will forward the application package to the Course Administration Section for evaluation by the Programme Manager and/or Course Leader and/or the Overseas Course Manager from the University (for Final Year Top-up Degree and MBA programmes) and/or Academic Department (for certificate and BTEC HND programmes) for evaluation and assessment.
Step 3: The Programme Manager will prepare Letter of Offer and Standard PEI-Student Contract for applicants to sign.
Step 4: The Sales Department will then inform the Applicants and to meet up with them to complete the documentations and advise the Applicants on the payment structure and payment mode (by FPS Insurance Scheme) based on the Standard PEI-Student Contract signed.
Step 5: To confirm the acceptance of offer, successful applicant needs to sign on the acceptance letter and Standard PEI-Student Contract to confirm the place before the stipulated deadline.
Step 6: After the student has completed enrolment documentation, the Sales Department will pass the enrolment details to the Course Administration Section for students’ documents and filling.
Step 7: Course Administration will follow-up with the course enrolment and take care of the students till completion of the course and beyond.
Note: TEG International College and our academic partners reserve the right to withdraw an offer of admission and cancel the enrolment of any applicants where such an offer was made based on incomplete or inaccurate information supplied by the applicant.
Students Support Services
The list of Student Support Services:
- Group Medical Insurance Scheme
TEG confirms and undertakes to all enrolled students (both local and international students) that it has in place a medical insurance scheme as required by Committee for Private Education (CPE) under EduTrust certification scheme. This medical insurance provides for a minimum annual coverage limit of not less than S$20,000 per student, at least B2 ward in government and restructure hospitals and 24 hours coverage in Singapore and overseas (if student is involved in school-related activities) throughout the entire course duration.
Exemption for Singaporean / PR students if they are already covered by their own medical insurance plan. TEG which does not provide medical insurance coverage for any student not exempted will not be awarded the EduTrust certification.
TEG appoints medical insurance provider is NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Limited
Students can download the group medical insurance policy’s coverage, any exclusion and claim procedure from TEG’s website. Students can download the group medical insurance policy’s coverage, any exclusion and claim procedure from here.
- NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Limited Policy Schedule (For Both International and Local Students)
- NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Limited Claim Form (For Both International and Local Students)
- NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Limited Group Medical Insurance Certificate (For Both International and Local Students)
- Pre-Admission Counselling Service
TEG has dedicated recruitment staff as well as the well-trained agents to provide pre-admission counselling services to prospective students.
The pre-admission counselling services cover the following areas:
- Campus location and a general description of the facilities;
- Course counselling to match the aspirations of the prospective students with the course learning outcomes;
- Course admission requirements, modules and outlines;
- Course duration and assessment schedules;
- Promotion and award criteria, including and any special condition;
- Type of certification awarded at the end of course;
- Application requirements and procedures;
- Total fees payable throughout the course duration;
- Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) adopted by TEG, payment methods and schedule;
- Student contract clauses;
- Students’ support services;
- Transfer/Withdrawal/Refund policies and procedures;
- Medical insurance and declaration;
- Student’s Pass application procedures and documents checklist, accommodation, airport pick-up, medical check-up, Singapore Law (for international students only);
- Reference to CPE official websitefor more details.
III. Student Welfare and Services Department
The one-stop Student Services by Administrative Staff provides the following services to both international and local students:
- Orientation Services
- Course Schedule
- Course materials preparation
- Course evaluation and class visit
- Admission to final year/postgraduate degrees
- Application for course withdrawal, deferment and transfer
- Home leave and medical leave application (Please note that we only accept the original copy of the Medical Certificate which is issued by a general practitioner or a specialist registered with the Singapore Medical Council)
- Request for official letters, such as verification of student status, provisional transcripts, etc.
- Update of students’ particulars
- Fee payment
- Attendance control
- Refund request
- Renewal of Student Pass
- Lost & Found
- Deferment of Studies
- Other Services: Close collaboration with parents/guardians for students not exceeding 18 years of age;
- Career guidance programmes to assist students to proceed to higher education;
- Assistance to help international students to adapt to the local environment. For example, general or specialist health services
(physiological, dental, mental), drug/alcohol abuse education, problem gambling, sexuality education etc.
TEG International College is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the student’s personal information and undertakes not to divulge any of the student’s personal information to any third party without the prior written consent of the student.
All students are encouraged to meet with Programme Manager to seek assistance in resolving problems
IV. Use of Facilities
- 2 Classrooms
- Notice Board
- Campus-wide Wireless Internet Connection
- Assistance to disadvantaged students (e.g. those with physical and/or learning disabilities); and
- Academic assistance to students (e.g. language programmes, extra classes, if applicable).
- Water dispensers provided
- Recycling bins provided
TEG provides orientation and induction programme for all newly-enrolled students to:
- Introduce the Course Administrator/Administrative Staff as point-of contact;
- Arrange English placement test or interview by Academic Director (ELT) for students from non-English speaking countries;
- Introduction of TEG (including Vision, Mission, Values and Culture), Tour of School Facilities;
- Registration & Enrolment
- Inform students of course admission requirements, modules and synopses, courses duration and classes schedule;
- Inform students of total fees payable throughout the course duration;
- Fee Protection Scheme (FPS): Insurance Scheme
- Inform students of their rights (include dispute resolution procedure, student contract, reference to CPE’s official website);
- Medical Insurance Scheme;
- Inform students of course deferment/extension criteria and procedures, suspension and expulsion policy and procedure;
- Brief students on education pathway, examination fees and miscellaneous fees structure;
- Brief students on the transfer/withdrawal/refund policy;
- Brief students on relevant Singapore Laws/ ICA /STP/ School Rules and Regulations;
- Letter of Acceptance / Offer & reply;
- Conduct new student survey on agents/Sales & Marketing Staff (if students are recruited through authorized recruitment agency/Sales & Marketing Staff);
- Acknowledge the receipt of TEG Student Handbook, Course Handbook, and
- Give details of the organisation awarding the certificate (if applicable).
EduTrust Certification Scheme
The EduTrust certification scheme provides a trust mark of quality. Private Education Institutions need to achieve higher and more comprehensive standards in their corporate governance and administration, academic processes, student protection and support services, and financial viability. The EduTrust certificate scheme enables them to differentiate themselves as of a higher quality by achieving certification awards that correspond to their standards.
Under the EduTrust Certification Scheme, all students (both International and Local Students) must enter into a Student Contract with the PEI. TEG International College uses the Standard Student Contract as provided by the CPE.
Samples of the CPE Student Contract from CPE website are as below:
Fee Protection Scheme (FPS)
As required by the Committee for Private Education, TEG International College has put in place a Fee Protection Scheme (FPS). The FPS serves to protect the student’s fees in the event that TEG International College is unable to continue operations due to insolvency, and/or regulatory closure. In addition, the FPS protects the student if the PEI fails to pay penalties or return fees to the student arising from judgments made against it by the Singapore courts.
The FPS is available through FPS Insurance Scheme by Lonpac Insurance Berhad and is compulsory for all local and international students.
For Fee Protection under the Insurance Scheme, course fees paid by the students will be insured by Lonpac Insurance Berhad. The FPS Insurance will be purchased within 7 working days from the date of receipt of course fee.
Students who are covered under FPS in the form of Insurance scheme, they will pay their fees (Maximum 12 months course fee in Singapore currency) to TEG International College through the following methods:
- SGD crossed cheque (made payable to TEG International College Pte Ltd)
- Cashier’s order
- Bank draft
- Telegraphic transfer
- Internet Banking
TEG International College has put in place a group medical insurance scheme provided by NTUC Income Insurance for all students as required by CPE under EduTrust certification scheme. This medical insurance scheme shall minimally provide for an annual coverage limit of not less than S$20,000 per student, at least B2 ward in government and restructured hospitals and 24 hours coverage in Singapore and overseas (if student is involved in school-related activities) throughout the course duration.
A Singapore citizen/Permanent Resident or a non-Student’s Pass international student who is protected by his own medical insurance coverage in Singapore can opt out from the medical insurance scheme. CPE has mandated that students who opt out must produce their medical insurance policy for verification by the PEI. TEG International College will only exempt students who submit a copy of their medical insurance policy for opting out.
- NTUC Income Insurance and Co-operative Limited (For Both International and Local Students)
- NTUC Income Insurance and Co-operative Limited Policy Claim Form
For further information, please visit the Committee for Private Education’s website at https://www.ssg.gov.sg/cpe/pei.html