TEG provides orientation and induction programme for all newly-enrolled students to:
- Introduce the Course Administrator/Administrative Staff as point-of contact;
- Arrange English placement test or interview by Academic Director (ELT) for students from non-English speaking countries;
- Introduction of TEG (including Vision, Mission, Values and Culture), Tour of School Facilities;
- Registration & Enrolment
- Inform students of course admission requirements, modules and synopses, courses duration and classes schedule;
- Inform students of total fees payable throughout the course duration;
- Fee Protection Scheme (FPS): Insurance Scheme
- Inform students of their rights (include dispute resolution procedure, student contract, reference to CPE’s official website);
- Medical Insurance Scheme;
- Inform students of course deferment/extension criteria and procedures, suspension and expulsion policy and procedure;
- Brief students on education pathway, examination fees and miscellaneous fees structure;
- Brief students on the transfer/withdrawal/refund policy;
- Brief students on relevant Singapore Laws/ ICA /STP/ School Rules and Regulations;
- Letter of Acceptance / Offer & reply;
- Conduct new student survey on agents/Sales & Marketing Staff (if students are recruited through authorised recruitment agency/Sales & Marketing Staff);
- Acknowledge the receipt of TEG Student Handbook, Course Handbook, and
- Give details of the organisation awarding the certificate (if applicable).
TEG confirms and undertakes to all enrolled students (both local and international students) that it has in place a medical insurance scheme as required by Committee for Private Education (CPE) under EduTrust certification scheme. This medical insurance provides for a minimum annual coverage limit of not less than S$20,000 per student, at least B2 ward in government and restructure hospitals and 24 hours coverage in Singapore and overseas (if student is involved in school-related activities) throughout the entire course duration.
Exemption for Singaporean / PR students if they are already covered by their own medical insurance plan. TEG which does not provide medical insurance coverage for any student not exempted will not be awarded the EduTrust certification.
TEG appoints medical insurance provider is NTUC Income Insurance and Co-operative Limited .
Students can download the group medical insurance policy’s coverage, any exclusion and claim procedure from TEG’s website. Students can download the group medical insurance policy’s coverage, any exclusion and claim procedure from here.
- NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Limited Policy Schedule (For Both International and Local Students)
- NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Limited Claim Form (For Both International and Local Students)
- NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Limited Group Medical Insurance Certificate (For Both International and Local Students)
Accommodation Arrangement for International Students
TEG will assign service Administrative staff/ Sales & Marketing staff /agent to pick up students from airport and send students to the hostels recommended by TEG. The service Administrative staff / Sales and Marketing staff/ Agent will provide students with information on medical check-up, the location of nearby banks, MRT stations, bus-stops.
TEG will also assist international students to complete the formalities at Immigration & Checkpoints Authority, Singapore.
Hostel service providers recommended by TEG are:
Westwood Hostel Pte Ltd
17 Jurong West Ave 5
- 24-hour Air-conditioned;
- Ceiling Fan;
- Common Writing Desk;
- Individual Steel Locker;
- Electrical & Water utilities charges;
- Common Pantry with cooking facilities (Cooking utensil not included);
- Common Eating Area;
- Common Bathroom;
- Instant Hot/Cold Water Dispenser with snacks & drink machine;
- Self-service Coin-operated launderette;
- Basketball Court;
- Gym Room;
- Self-service iron corner
Amenities and services may vary for each hostel and is subject to confirmation. TEG will not be responsible for any dispute that may arise between the student and the hostel.
Student Handbook click here